FBR 0.00% 2.5¢ fbr ltd

Ok... I think the following link explains it for me at least the...

1. 5,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 426
    Ok... I think the following link explains it for me at least the difference.

https://freetrade.io/learn/otc-stocks-and-adrs-explained

Basically, instead of dual listing say. OTC is a way for US investor to trade shares in the US.
    It is listed into 3 tiers.
    The three matching platforms are:‍
    OTCQX - these OTC stocks have the strictest regulatory requirements of the three, and require adherence to some SEC regulations.
    OTCQB - these OTC stocks have some regulatory requirements, but do not require adherence to any SEC regulations.
    Pink Open Market - this market is also known as OTC Pink or the ‘Pink Sheets’, and is made up of the riskiest OTC assets. These are often penny stocks or shell companies, which may not have made any recent financial disclosures.

Now basically the announcement is this. We've moved from the pink sheet open market, no regulations, dealer trading. to the OTCQB market.
    Still "penny stock" But some regulations, but not the full/SEC regulations.

Now, ADR is interesting, it basically means you buy foreign shares via an institutions that is "guranteed"? by a US banks say. It can also mean the company in question is on the OTC market. But not always. Of note in the last item in the list below, FMG is an ADR, with an OTC stock. The example given is of nintendo. So, if I specculate this correctly, if ADR is to happen for FBRKF, its a way for US investor to invest into FBR, without the need to "list" say on the NYSE.

ADRs

Then there are American Depository Receipts (ADRs). ADRs aren’t another tier on the OTC Markets Platform, but they can still trade OTC.

They represent a foreign company’s stock with a listing on a US exchange. That means the stock trades in USD, and if it pays dividends, those will be paid in USD too, no matter where the company is based.

Not all ADRs are OTC stocks. Some ADRs will list on the NASDAQ or NYSE, for example.

But OTC ADRs, compared to other OTC stocks, tend to be lower risk because they often represent shares in large, global companies. That means their shares are more liquid than the smaller companies that tend to list on other OTC Markets platforms.

On the Freetrade app, you can currently find 20 OTC ADRs.

Freetrade OTC stocks

OTC ADR stocks on Freetrade
    TickerStock name
    NTTYY Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp ADR
    KDDIY KDDI Corp ADR
    SFTBY Softbank Group Corp ADR
    NTDOY Nintendo Co ADR
    RCRUY Recruit Holdings Co Ltd ADR
    DKILY Daikin Industries Ltd ADR
    SHECY Shin-Etsu Chemical Corp Ltd ADR
    FANUY Fanuc Corp ADR
    KAOOY Kao Corp ADR
    KMTUY Komatsu Ltd ADR
    TCEHY Tencent Holding Ltd ADR
    PCRFY Panasonic Corp ADR
    NSANY Nissan Motor Co Ltd ADR
    BACHY Bank of China Ltd ADR
    NPSNY Naspers Ltd ADR
    AAGIY AIA Group Ltd ADR
    PNGAY Ping An Insurance Company of China ADR
    BYDDY BYD Co Ltd ADR
    CKHUY CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd ADR
    FSUGY Fortescue Metals-Spon ADR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $19.04K 755.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1797438 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 707625
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.