ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 690
    In my experience Engineering design does use a lot of bandwidth when CAD drawings are involved.
    I know of a small Engineering company with only 5 engineers using AutoCAD and yet their storage for CAD drawings take up hundreds of GBs. They also have a lot of trouble sharing files by email with suppliers and customers. They have tried to use cloud storage for CAD drawings that are being worked on and it was a fail for the productivity of the AutoCAD users.

Yep I agree, if they are using NBN Fiber, then costs per month will be negligible. Only $130 per month with Internode on a Unlimited business plan.
    But as I stated the NBN at Sultana Rd is rubbish FTTN and therefore unlikely to be enough. Remember if they have FTTN, then they don't have any PSTN or ISDN. All the phones for those 65 staff have to be VOIP, and you are not going to get 65 VOIP lines + all the normal business data over a single FTTN.
    FBR would need to add to the FTTN dedicated Fiber and/or Fixed Wireless as well. Then if you have multi WAN links you need routers that can do that seemlessly. These don't come cheap either.
    When people are complaining about the admin costs and concerned about cash burn in the half yearly report, suddenly the $ spent on Comms no longer negligible and likely to be in the $000's per month.
    Yet they wouldn't be if FTTP had been delivered. The costs with FTTP for FBR would have been only $130 per month, and not worth talking about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.