MSB 0.00% $1.09 mesoblast limited

Stan I didn't read your whole long post - I just saw you'd...

1. 2,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1187
    Stan I didn't read your whole long post - I just saw you'd tagged me when I logged on so looked to where and why . I only logged on because sponge_ who I usually find pithy and sensible has posted "I am sector" irrelevantly into a cyp thread about screenshots from the annual report and so far as I can see he has done it pointlessly (is he bored, is he Lopez-like plagiarising? is he baiting me? - no idea - but I thought the thread he was posing in was more important that any of those things ) - back to you - you haven't defined your acronyn HLH at the start your post and I gave up looking for it - tagging me - you wrote this bit -

=====

@JB1975 in this post#:73218648you said:

“Interferon gamma is a pro-inflammatory cytokine that would normally contribute to not mitigate any cytokine storm.”

Obviously “normally” is the key word here but in your following paragraph, if I understand your context correctly, you say if it’s increasing then something is going wrong and that you’ve shown that “MSBs own data shows that inf gamma increased on at least one occasion.”

Firstly, I ask what’s normal in a heterogenous cytokine storm? Also, I wonder about “any” cytokine storm because there’s disagreement in the literature about that too:

---------

I don't believe I would have used the words heterogeneous cytokine storm - that's I believe you coining a phrase using something someone else has said or written.

Here are some figures from a paper or papers by Aggarwal and Pittenger from around 2005 - they were Osiris researchers - their work is foundational to most of MSB's arguments and patent applications etc. Old papers (when they are relevant and foundational to patents - like this are better for you to learn from than newer ones - in my opinion). You need to understand the basics of immunity first - cytokine storm is merely a way of describing a lot of cells signalling - i like a metaphor of a storm - because journos can relate to that - they mostly don't have the patience (and know their lay-readers don't to learn about the cells of the immune system - you should - because you post long and you care about your family and because watching a serioes of youtube videos like for instance Brianne Barkers Fall immunology course - its about 20 to 30 hours - would give you a free and pretty comprehensive education.

Original figure. (Figure S1 (so its in the Supplementary Material)) - headed Human MSC's alter dendritic cell (DC) phenotype.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6453/6453504-0d90e96b2c229faceadda7fdc3aab16f.jpg

My annotations added

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6453/6453507-9304607fa1c0e0e74ace8322d680095f.jpg

Below from an Aggarwal and Pittenger paper of 2005 (would be same sources as above figures)
    Showing MSCs blocking (or downregulating) TH1s (that's helper T Cells (these are the troublemakers in GvHD in my opinion) causing IFNy to reduce, and MSCs blocking NK (natural killer cells) which causes IFN gamma to reduce.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6453/6453513-2010abdcbe000b6e063614a2ca3c191e.jpg
    Figure 6. Proposed Mechanisms of action of MSCs.

Stan I strongly recommend you go to the source paper from 2005. Frankly a person that can't come to terms with a paper like that (it isn't easy its homework its hard) - shouldn't be investing in a stock like mesoblast - they are making suckers of themselves and nuisances frankly (because they let Silviu talk vague nonsense and not be accountable for anything - which actually slows down the delivery of real medicines because most of the lay public think their ignorance coupled with their emotional neediness is as good as if they were educated - it isn't - their ignorance is like a drag on development. You can't ask critical questions or prompt Silviu to perform better if you are ignorant and applaud his nonsense and vagary).

- I found a hardcopy - here is the title on it "Human mesenchymal stem cells modulate allogeneic immune cell responses." Its in Blood, 15, February 2005 - you get it free on line somewhere if you search.

TLDR: Stan - I'm grumpy. Hotcopper brings out the worst in me.
    But there is tips in this post that will help you if you follow up. 1) Read Aggarwal
    2) look at the Brianne Barker - free series of videos on youtube.

And if you ask better questions (drill into Aggarwal - make me re-read it - see if it needs to be updated etc) - maybe I'll be easier to get on with.

Mostly I'm just waiting for the FDA to dispatch MSBs latest lot of obfuscation with a CRL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.