ATX 0.00% 15.5¢ amplia therapeutics limited

ATX is 30% Today - This are my thoughtsFrom today...

1. 12 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    ATX is 30% Today - This are my thoughts

From today announcement:

1. On September 20, 2024, Amplia Therapeutics Limited (ASX: ATX) announced that the US FDA granted Fast Track Designation to their lead drug narmafotinib for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer.
    2. Narmafotinib is a Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) inhibitor, which is showing promise in treating pancreatic and other cancers.
    3. The Fast Track Designation will allow Amplia to have more frequent communication with the FDA and potentially expedite the drug's development and review process.
    4. Amplia is currently conducting the ACCENT trial for narmafotinib in Australia and South Korea, and is planning a trial in the US following FDA clearance of their IND application.
    5. The company is also exploring narmafotinib's potential in other fibrotic cancers and chronic diseases like idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).

Here are my personal thoughts and why I have a small position in RL in ATX:

1. Promising technology: FAK inhibitors are gaining attention in cancer research, which could position Amplia well if narmafotinib proves effective.
    2. Regulatory support: The Fast Track Designation and previous Orphan Drug Designation for narmafotinib in pancreatic cancer suggest that the FDA sees potential in this treatment, which could expedite its path to market.
    3. Unmet medical need: Advanced pancreatic cancer has a poor prognosis and limited treatment options, so a successful drug in this area could have significant market potential.
    4. Early stage: The company is still in clinical trials, which means there's still risk involved. Success in early stages doesn't guarantee approval or commercial success.
    5. Pipeline potential: If narmafotinib shows promise, it could potentially be applied to other cancers or fibrotic diseases, expanding the company's prospects.
    6. Competitive landscape: The success of Amplia will also depend on how narmafotinib performs compared to other treatments in development for pancreatic cancer.

Overall, while Amplia Therapeutics shows promise with its lead drug candidate, it's important to note and probably is well known that the biotechnology sector is highly volatile and risky. The company's prospects will largely depend on the outcomes of their clinical trials and their ability to bring narmafotinib to market successfully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 14.0¢ $93.83K 634.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 91379 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 272514 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.