PTX 5.26% 4.0¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Ann: FDA grants broader orphan drug status to PTX100 for TCLs, page-42

1. 7,761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3304
    "Kras is being associated with many different cancers now. PTX100 may become more a platform drug."... agree, it could do.

I can't help but think that people consider any breakthroughs or successful new therapies are competition. However, PTX100 has a novel mechanism of action that has the potential to work on all types of KRAS and NRAS, their subtypes and in combination with other therapies (whether they be Car-based or molecular, our own or that of collaborators). Therefore, it's conceivable that over time, PTX100 could form the basis of another platform.

Its stated that "Lumakras is the first approved targeted therapy for tumors with any KRAS mutation, which accounts for approximately 25% of mutations in non-small cell lung cancers. KRAS G12C mutations represent about 13% of mutations in non-small cell lung cancers." This essentally means that 87% of all KRAS mutations in NSCL cancers are being unaddressed!

I found this article yesterday which has was published only the day before titled: "Israeli CAR-T cancer treatment could be administered out-patient - first in world"

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-734091

So, personalised therapy is becoming a reality... and that is exciting! smile.png
    Last edited by Shellbell: 15/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $32.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.2¢ 3.8¢ $64.33K 1.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 35499 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.