MSB 0.93% $1.09 mesoblast limited

Hi @rakeshnirzari1," .. Why are people selling this? Just cant...

1. 1,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3130
    Hi @rakeshnirzari1,

" .. Why are people selling this? Just cant understand "

Good question. Many possible answers spring to mind, some of which have to do with personal circumstance i.e. a need to sell.

And there are, of course, those hypocrites on HC: MSB who 'deplore' management of MSB but feverishly rely on that same management to 'save' their investment. How that must gall them, that they don't have the moxy to take the hit, but will stupidly publicly talk down their investment in the interim.

However, whichever way you slice this thing it's good news**. OK, there are those whose strategy is to sell on good news. Trading strategies are understood, but they're not mine. And yes, there's lazy investing, when you trust your wealth creation to a stranger who didn't do the research & makes not-so-good decisions.

But when all that is pushed aside, I find myself still asking the same question as you. And given the absence of immediate opportunity to cut tax losses, or heavily sell short-sold stock much further, I'm going to go with...a failure, either of imagination or will, take your pick.

Either way, IMO it's a pity.

Cheers,
    GLTAH

** I don't know that many posters realise what a tonne of game-changing data was explicitly or implicitly to be found in this morning's ASX announcement. Allow me to try to summarise just a few of them:

1. An RCT carried out for the benefit of Mesoblast Ltd (NCT03079401) - Linkhere. Keep in mind for how many years now MSB holders have been bombarded, daily, with the trivial & pathetic accusation that Mesoblast Ltd is 'scared' of RCTs. Yet that's not the case. The corporation has been happy to have its name on the face of a hugely successful clinical randomised, controlled trial with blinding - the trial will forever be referred to by Clinical Trials. gov as the ' Mesoblast Stem Cell Therapy for Patients With Single Ventricle and Borderline Left Ventricle '. Now that moronic claim can't be made any more. And that should be a relief to all MSB holders.

2. And again - it's an RCT!! - and carried out by one of the world's pre-eminent children's hospitals. As such, it should be assumed in the absence of peer criticism to the contrary that the trial would be accepted by the FDA as (at least partly) 'adequate' but definitely 'well-controlled' evidence in support of any marketing application for the treatment product i.e Revascor from this point forward. Not only is there no evidence to the contrary that's publicly available, but also the results of the RCT have been accepted after due consideration & published in an eminent peer-reviewed medical journal i.e.

3. And one more time - it's an RCT with our product that's been paid for by someone else!! It's not in ongoing costs or liabilities, that need to be serviced. I mean, ask yourself what small business person on the face of this planet doesn't get this?? This looks like genius management by the MSB Board (in retrospect). Completely and utterly undersold to the market. So appropriate. Good on them.

4. And then, what about the competition? Doesn't someone else have an ODD in this indication? Isn't that a problem? Well, no. There is a product called Lomecel-B that's trying to recast itself from Alzheimer's to HLHS. But it's still recruiting, and won't have it's trial even completed until August 2025 as things stand at the moment. That's before any analysis. Or publication of results, like the results MSB's just seen published. We are out in front on this indication as I see it.

All for now. Have a good one.
    Cheers
    GLTAH

Last edited by Phaedrus: 19/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.010(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $1.244B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.10 $1.05 $4.880M 4.545M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54894 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 24700 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
0.010 ( 0.40 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.07 $1.10 $1.05 1011230
Last updated 15.59pm 17/06/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.