MSB 5.24% $1.11 mesoblast limited

Hey, sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing ok.For obvious...

1. 7,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1337
    Hey, sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing ok.

For obvious reasons I'm not going to give medical advice over the internet, and I assume if he's in any major Australian hospital he's got multiple teams of experts taking care of each issue he has.

That's a complex, and reasonably common scenario. Treating the infection is going to be the most important thing at the moment, so IV antibiotics will be step one - for cellulitis we often do fluclox or cefazolin but it depends on a number of things, and if a patient has ever had MRSA in the past I would be giving them vanc - again, tricky, as vanc needs to be renally adjusted and monitored closely.

For the fluid that's a tricky one as well - peripheral oedema has a number of causes, and the infection both thrives in it and makes it worse. If it's due to the heart failure, and I'm assuming that is playing a role, they're likely trying to get that fluid off with lasix - though again, they'd need to monitor the kidneys and electrolytes closely.

Withholding certain meds, regular bloods, appropriate disposition (ICU, HDU, CCU, etc), imaging, etc all play a role as well.

These are all broad generalisations (simply things I would be considering in Emergency) as I don't know your dad, his background, his LVEF, his meds, and I certainly am not going to give any medical advice online.

Its a tough situation and it hope he does well. I'm sure he is in good hands.
    Last edited by DocMcstuffins: 20/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.055(5.24%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.13 $1.04 $6.781M 6.207M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 43856 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 66000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.