RAC 1.34% $1.84 race oncology ltd

I remember last year in one of the videos that Michelle...

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 780
    I remember last year in one of the videos that Michelle mentioned that Race had received significant interest from paediatric oncologists in potentially using Bisantrene. I can't recall exactly which video, and had a quick look just now but couldn't find it. I'm thinking perhaps it was a recording of one of the investor information sessions that occurred after the release of the ill-fated DCB strategy update last August.

In hindsight, after the drama of that time, it's great to know with the release of this announcement formally confirming such discussions have occurred that these comments at the time were meaningful and not vapour-ware. I'm not an expert in the field, but I imagine if a central line is impractical for adults, it's much worse for a child. Therefore, I expect that up until this point in time, these discussions had probably remained largely theoretical. However, with the imminent availability of RC220 and IV administration, this is all about to change.

Some other observations that could be inferred from this information:
    1) These discussions have probably been ongoing for the better part of a year or more, and as a result could well be in the advanced stages.
    2) The team at Race have been using the time we've had to spend waiting for RC220 availability to build interest and excitement behind the scenes.
    3) Given the significant pre-clinical and clinical history of Bisantrene, we perhaps may be under-appreciating the doors that having a formulation of the drug which can be readily administered to almost anyone will open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.84
Change
-0.025(1.34%)
Mkt cap ! $313.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.89 $1.91 $1.81 $257.6K 138.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26825 $1.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 759 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.