DRO 1.56% 94.5¢ droneshield limited

Well said TT!I am not sure why I am being dragged back into this...

1. 655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    Well said TT!

I am not sure why I am being dragged back into this discussion except that people seem to be wanting to dance on other people's grave assuming that they somehow missed out, not realising that investing is never about one stock, but rather about managing a portfolio and achieving good overall results. Part of that process means that sometimes people will have big winners and sometimes they will miss out. DRO for me was a bit of both. I made about 70% on DRO in six months but would have made a lot more if I had held on. It turns out the buy and hold strategy would have worked out better in this case (the gain would be more like 150%) but that doesn't mean that it always works out like.

People who attempt to dance on other people's grave also conveniently ignore the fact that the proceeds from any sale are reinvested into other things and assume it is sitting there in cash and think they know the results that person achieved, when they don't. Often investing is not about whether a stock going to go up, but where is the best place to put it.

As I have previous said, DRO was always a play thing for me because it is too small and not liquid enough to form a serious part of my portfolio and has the disadvantage of not being able to trade in options, warrants, short or gear against which all go into investment decisions, and were a part of my decision to sell out. Another part of it was that I thought that I had found a better opportunity elsewhere. In this case that turned out to be 100% correct. As I put in one of my earlier posts, I put the money into TWE (it had been beaten down by a takeover, capital raising and Chinese sanctions), and seemed a really safe bet compared to DRO. I bought warrants, not the stock where I was able to both gear and scale. The stock went up 20% and the warrants (TWEKCD) by over a 100% and I put a lot more money in than I could with DRO.

I made a good decision in selling DRO, but I don’t kid myself that I have been especially clever. I also got lucky by timing an incredibly buoyant market, just like DRO holders did. I have also been wrong plenty of times before (as I have also admitted before).

One of the reasons I am particularly glad to be out of DRO is the really low quality of far too many posts on HotCopper for this company. I have never seen another case where there are so many posts where people seek to denigrate others and misrepresent their views, nor do I understand why people can neither respect the views of others or are unwilling to learn from their experience. However, I will miss the balanced views of TT, even though I don’t always agree with them.

Any serious investor has had both their wins and their losses. Denigrating other people or attempting to dance on their graves does nothing but reveal their own poor character and lack of judgement – no one is offended by it, it’s just… uurghh.

Well done to those who have done well out of DRO and good luck with your investing. Remember we are all in this together.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.56%)
Mkt cap ! $683.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 96.5¢ 93.8¢ $3.960M 4.167M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10646 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 210 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
94.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.05 %)
Open High Low Volume
95.0¢ 96.5¢ 93.5¢ 1414019
Last updated 15.59pm 15/05/2024 ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.