AMI 0.00% 19.0¢ aurelia metals limited

Had a starter position in this one that has really dwindled away...

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Had a starter position in this one that has really dwindled away into insignificance. It looked so promising with the Cobar and Fed deposits and enough cash on the BS to fund a plant. All they had to do is be patient, drill it out and build the plant.
    However I've noticed this is a problem with a lot of Australian mining companies. For management the optics of having a good cash buffer while overall production volumes are coming down isn't palletable. They find it hard to take in the reality that they have to consider themselves more of a developer than a producer and keep a cash buffer to build organically. They make rash decisions so that they appear to be doing something, rather than considering long term shareholder interests. Beware the company that has lots of cash without already having an earmarked internal plan for it. The risk as a shareholder is a raise when the market gets wind that you need cash soon. A strong cash buffer especially for mining companies is underrated in the sector.
    The only thing that may entice me in is if there is an update on kairos, maybe they haven't properly started on it yet or something.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $321.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $79.98K 426.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27989 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 1052671 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.