FEX 3.70% 39.0¢ fenix resources ltd

I was wondering the same cyprus. The company hasn't said...

1. 1,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1663
    I was wondering the same cyprus. The company hasn't said anything to my knowledge but there is a definite link to the IO price and at $113 USD/t it is very profitable for FEX given we have reduced costs associated with things like the Newhaul purchase and a reduction in shipping costs.
    Outside the normal operations there are three possibilities that come to mind that could also impact on the price. These are; 1. We might be doing something with the $69 million in the bank that we had at the end of last quarter. 2. We might have a resource upgrade to come 3. We are nearing the end of the quarter. The company has not made any announcements around points 1 and 2 so any movement In SP that considers these points would have to be speculation short of a leak. However point 3 is the one that interests me. If we have completed 6 shipments for the quarter or are on track to complete 6, given we have two weeks to go, then it is possible we'll have an operating profit in the range of $15 to $20 million. That would make for a highly profitable year and potentially the same dividend of 5.25cps. As you can see we would have in the range of $85-89 million in the bank and given that the dividend is paid in October we would by then, since Q1 2024 would be complete, conceivably have over $100 million available cash.
    So I'm picking it is point 3 that answers your question and people anticipating a good quarter based on continued shipping of IO at the optimum rate. Anything around a potential purchase or resource upgrade would, in my view, be a bonus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FEX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $267.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 40.8¢ 38.5¢ $1.015M 2.555M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 282349 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 339876 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.31pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FEX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.