FGR 0.00% 5.0¢ first graphene limited

Ann: FGR Secures Further Graphite Supplies from KGLL, page-85

1. 16,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6896
    The other way around Sleath,

PureGRAPH 10 and 20, is sorted as part of the FGR process,
    PureGRAPH5 requires an additional process to reduce the larger platelets to the smaller size.

The FGR cell has an average platelet size of 45um.

I am not aware of any company that can produce jumbo platelet.
    one benefit of electrochemical exfoliation (FGR method). the layers peel (exfoliate) away through the process,

Versarien grind their graphene, for them to achieve large lateral platelet size, they need to reduce the grinding time, as a result, they end up with thicker graphene/graphite, The GNP-HP has no details on the average platelet size, it gives a range from 1-27um, when you consider the feed (graphite) they use is 27um lateral sized graphite I highly doubt that any of the larger platelets are Graphene,
    GNP-HP is 27% Graphite, I think that is a very good indication that the larger platelets are not graphene.

VRS also have a process developed by Cambridge University. it uses liquid phase exfoliation, It is basically pumping water and graphite through pipes to shear the graphite into graphene layers. the platelet size is in the nanometers. The main target is Graphene Ink.

I might be a little biased in my opinion, I believe that large graphene platelets will be used in higher-end applications where barrier protection and strength is required, paints, fire retardants, marine coating, anti-corrosive, fibreglass (resins), certain plastics/polymers,
    We are seeing this already with PureGRAPH10 and 20, they are working in industrial applications, where PureGraph5 (according to all of the other companies smaller platelet size) should be the choice by industry. PG5 is targeted for conductive inks, SC ect. It is still 10-80x larger than Cambridge Graphene Ink that has a platelet size of 80-1000nm (both are Few Layer Graphene)
    http://www.cambridgegraphene.com/

I see the Graphene market following a similar path to the graphite market, where graphene will be price based on the platelet sizes, with the largest platelet graphene offering a premium to small platelet.
    Obviously, there will be a smaller market size targeting these markets, but we should see a premium price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.