OM1 0.00% 7.8¢ omnia metals group ltd

Ann: Field Work Commences - Lac des Montagnes Lithium Project, page-78

1. 4,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Not sure how to pick a winner in the Malibu Cup (of ASX listed juniors dabbling in Quebec lithium prospecting) so I've plucked this one out of a hat to spread the risk from my interest in Cygnus (all small beer stuff as for me this is pure speculation).

I do like that Omnia have a skeleton board with only three directors (Cygnus have 8 or 9 hangers-on perhaps for the lifestyle), that they have the option of taking 100% ownership of the project (Cygnus tops out at either 70% or 80% for its Pontax blocks), and, given the team's lack of hard rock lithium and Quebec in general experience that they have taken on a local guide (which also has a number of projects in WA). They are also not mucking around, having only signed the paperwork in February to commencing field work. All rolled-up-sleeves moves in my view so I'm in for a (very small) punt.

While the photos of outcropping make for pretty pictures if they do not contain commercial grades of lithium they are as worthless as elephant dung. Rock chip I suppose might give some indication. What is more intriguing to me is the reference in their announcements to geological work done by the Quebec Resources Department and the talk of a "Spodumene Suite" running from around where the Whabouchi mine is, through Critical Elements' Graab discoveries and hopefully up to Omnia's ground.

Here is some background I found on the Resources Department's website. I understand about every fourth or fifth word but I think it is saying they know there's a lot of spodumene around Whabouchi (well, der!) and up into the Graab area but then it gets more patchy. I'm guessing the analysis done of the Spodumene Suite is not outright negative of the blocks that Omnia has options on otherwise they would not have boasted about it. Hmmm. Malibu, where are you?!? smile.png Would also love the views of anyone else who think they have a handle of how the Spodumene Suite is described as well. Thanks in advance.

https://gq.mines.gouv.qc.ca/lexique-stratigraphique/province-du-superieur/suite-de-spodumene_en/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OM1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.