OM1 0.00% 7.8¢ omnia metals group ltd

All good. Yeah I'm not suggesting that they hit the conference...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    All good. Yeah I'm not suggesting that they hit the conference circuit just yet - I saw they did a presentation at a conference soon after they IPO'ed and the MD was a bit of a shag on a rock - but there are four or five local promo channels, including Market Herald which also owns hc, that do pre-scripted "interviews" lasting only a couple of minutes. They need just enough time for the company rep to give what is referred to as a stump-speech. Were I to write such a ditty for them I would touch on the rise in momentum in Quebec for lithium, that this is being driven by the US IRA legislation and then point out that they are following up on geological work conducted by the Quebec Resources Department and leave it at that. Simple messaging to whet the retail punter's curiosity. Then follow it up in a month or so with some rock chips results. And all of that work sets the stage for them joining the conference circuit later in the year with news about a drilling campaign.

In no way would a measured marketing campaign like that be a pump and dump exercise. But the fact is outfits like Omnia list on the ASX to raise funds from the public and in all probability Omnia will go back to the public well soon enough. It is better they seek funds from informed investors and at a price that does not sell short existing shareholders.

As to cross promoting, imo it is not cross-promoting to compare one of the Quebec lithium tiddlers with others. On the Cygnus (ASX:CY5) theads malibu_tan and I have conversed extensively about Omnia's peers. There are now more than 20 very junior ASX listed companies that are looking for spodumene in Quebec. I honestly don't know how anyone can select one of these juniors without having some idea of how their choice stacks up against the others. None of theses tiddlers have identified commercial deposits of lithium yet and all but one has a market cap of less than $30m. That is in contrast to the four ASX majors in Quebec (Allkem, Patriot Battery, Sayona and Winsome) which do have major discoveries and market caps which are multiples of the tiddlers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OM1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.