SBM 3.85% 25.0¢ st barbara limited

Ann: Fifteen Mile Stream Project Update, page-12

1. 5,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3861
    The stock is trading at less than cash backing, so I purchased some here today.

To me, it looks like the company has made a strategic and rational decision, given the circumstances that was being unduly "forced" upon it by the environmental regulations, government permitting bureaucrats, community lobby groups, and local indigenous councils. Some were against continuing with Touquoy, while others were stalling with permits, and that could have gone on forever, and possibly to legal appeals in courts.

While somewhat disappointing, it never-the-less enables them to cancel long-winded environmental processes, and concentrate on getting the new project up and running, with simpler regulatory restrictions, and without the need for a new processing plant, since it looks like the Touquoy one can be repurposed, which is good news, but we don't know yet at what price, but it should be modest.

There will be a decline in gold production for the year, but that will more than rebound the year after. And they have a war-chest for any M&A activity they might be looking at, which would not surprise me.

I think it was a good decision announced today, albeit one that was forced on them to some degree.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $204.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ $1.209M 4.678M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 707806 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 1033222 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.