ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8681
    I haven't finished as much as planned but posting this work in progress.  Lot of data to crunch so disclaimer about accuracy and DYOR.

Assays, locations for phase 1 drilling at Opasura west sorted by possible sections - only worked on 2 and 4 so far.
    AZS DRILLING OPASURA west only.pdf
    There a many stacked mineral zones in some areas which makes correlation tricky and putting data onto plans very confronting = too much data at this scale.
    opasura wEST to assays PHASE 1 18  GRADE THICKNESS RL 20 plus.jpg

Doing a simple contour of intersections on 20m intervals 1200, 1220 & 1240 seems to support AZS A-AA section in broad terms.  Possibly a SW dipping sheet of mineralization with rolls.
    AZS OP W AZS INTERP SECTION.JPG azs work sheet opasura wEST to assays PHASE 1 18  GRADE THICKNESS RL 20 plus - Copy.jpg
    opasura w base map scale for sections 2 PLUS AZS JUNE.png
    My section is rough and no real interpretation.   AZS logging shows the Arenillas/Revancha contact on their section which would be a real help for interpretation.
    AZS OP WEST SECTION 2 GIMPED.PNG

The only other section I have worked on is #4 which has some apparent strong discontinuities.
    AZS OP WEST SECTION 4 GIMPED.PNG    Base data for section 4: AZS BASE DATA SECTION 4.JPG

AZS show the possible extensions to Op E an W.
    AZS OPASURA WEST DH LOCN GEOL.JPG
    IMO there will be some drilling between W and E which may yield some continuations of mineralisation especially to the immediate east of Op West = area 4 on the image below
    opasura wEST to assays PHASE 1 18  GRADE THICKNESS RL 20 plus interp.jpg

Area 1 is good to see as this will probably be part of a possible open pit/scallop that could extend to the NW for 200+m with moderate to good grades and thickness.

Area 2 appears to close off the mineralisation to the NW but there is just enough hint of mineralisation to justify some wide spaced drilling in the future.

Area 3 doesn't appear to offer much open pit potential.

Area 4 seems to have more stacked zones than elsewhere.  Whether real or a result of the way it has been plotted - don't know yet.  Could indicate something genetic to "ore" formation.

Some mineralisation shows up in the Candelaria formation - another hint how fluids have moved though this area.

Locally some very high silver grades which I am going to check to see if there is a "hot spot".

What does it all mean.
    • Wait for DFS - it is a bit tough to do the required amount of work.
    • While there are continuity issues IMO most can be handled with somewhat more selective mining if it comes to that.
    • In terms of original grade tonnage exploration estimate - Perhaps 70% of Opasura West has what could be mineable thickness and grade and as such probably close to that estimate may be present.
    • There are significant local variability in thickness and grade plus some apparent discontinuities which would keep mining engineers and geo's on their toes if it comes to that.
    • Unless the exploration potential outside Opasura East and West is shown to exist (moderate chance it will IMO) the ultimate deposit size is unlikely to exceed 5M tons at 5-12% Zn+Pb and more likely to be 2-3Mt or even less.  At the latter range AZS have made it their flagship project and are probably intend to proceed to production in some form.  Not a view shared by some on this thread but for me the way I have interpreted chats with management at meetings.
    Not proof read, will do some more as time permits.  GLTAH
    Last edited by salpetie: 10/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.