CYP 2.33% 21.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

Ann: Final Preclinical Asthma Study Confirms Efficacy, page-36

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    I agree that the words "abrogate" and "reverse" *do* suggest quite a different reading to mine. They suggest repair not avoidance of damage.

So far I haven't managed to get access to the full fasebj article. I'll keep trying but it may take me a while.

Meanwhile, if you take a look at table 1, in the article you provided in pdf form - "Cell therapy for lung disease" (2017) (aceth authors), you will see that in only one study, reference 11*, (second from top) do the words "increased regeneration" occur under the "Result" column. "Reduced fibrosis" and "reduced inflammation" occur commonly, but leave the question begged "reduced" in comparison with what?

I think it is in comparison to mice and rats in the control groups where simulated diseases are induced without msc to mitigate the damage of the induced diseases NOT in comparison with the amount of fibrosis individual mice or rats were measured with - the mice or rats have to be dead usually to measure fibrosis as I understand.

* page 4 says "In addition, in cigarette smoke-induced models of COPD, human and rat MSCs induced a regeneration mechanism in the lung as indicated in expression profiles of genes responsible for immune responses, metabolic processes and blood vessel development [11];"

A regeneration mechanism isn't necessarily regeneration of cells or cell function. Higher levels of messenger RNA might have been detected without those higher levels of messenger RNAs actually producing new cells.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $37.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 20.5¢ $11.26K 53.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7339 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 32225 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.