MFG 2.17% $9.02 magellan financial group limited

Ann: Final Results for the year ended 30 June 2023, page-28

1. 777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Andrix, which of their investment funds are operating in the top quartile?
    Hi Heedless,

Magellan is a good company despite their recent difficulties. It's not the Magellan business that is surprising or bizarre - it is the price that investors are willing to pay for it, which is the most critical decision as an investor.

Paying a 14x multiple of profit on a business that is likely to experience a further sizeable profit next year is strange - when you consider it in the broader context. For example, GQG trades on a lower PE ratio (approx. 12) despite growing FUM & profitability - does it not strike you as strange that MFG trades on a 14x multiple when FUM is still walking out the door (albeit at a slower rate)?

Magellan is all of the things that you said - it's highly likely they will remain profitable and for the right price I'd be happy to buy in.

It will be very interesting to see if this rally has any legs - I dare say that when the dust settles the share price will be back around the $8 mark by EOY. However I'm known to be wrong at least 50% of the time!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.02
Change
-0.200(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.628B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.20 $9.22 $8.97 $5.042M 556.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2043 $9.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.07 5280 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.