PYC 5.00% 9.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Ann: Finance News Network Interview with the CEO, page-54

1. 5,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 688
    Just reading some info on peptidream trying to work out what they have that we dont'

About Peptide-Discovery Platform System (PDPS) technology
    PeptiDream’s proprietary PDPS technology is a next-generation hit finding platform. The PDPS-technology allows for the creation of macrocyclic peptide libraries with a very high chemical diversity (trillions in a single tube, and trillions of library combinations possible). The diverse nature of the library facilitates for the rapid identification of molecules that are enriched when bound to the target that can then be turned into peptide therapeutics, small molecule therapeutics, or peptide-drug conjugates therapeutics.

Seems we are offering the peptide drug conjugates, while peptidream offer peptide therapeutics also, which i assume is simply a peptyide with no conjugated drug that itself has some tyherapeutic effect. . I notice in a few write ups that peptidream actually seem to make a point often that peptide drug conjugates are not included in many of the deals.

I guess thus technology in our case would be most effective for rejuvinating old out of patent drugs as they are known to work maybe just need a new method of application. I wonder how many companies are actually developing a specific new drug with no idea how to get it into cells, hence needing pyc. It seems that is the peptidream advantage in that big pharma sign up looking for a possible new class of drug or therapeutic pedptide. While they are there great time to find and sell a drug peptide conjugate. If that is all you have though makes it a hell of a lot harder to get the initial signature unless they already have a drug they cannot get into cells, which seems a very strange situation.

From another write up looks like they are scoring milestones also.

Tokyo-based PeptiDream is exploiting its PDPS platform to discover and develop a pipeline of in-house and partnered constrained peptides and small-molecule and peptide–drug conjugate therapeutics. The firm says it has established discovery collaborations with 16 pharmaceutical companies over the last 7 years. Last month PeptiDream reported achieving a payment-triggering fifth milestone in its collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS), which was initiated in 2010 and extended 2 years later. BMS started clinical development of the first macrocyclic peptide identified through the partnership in June 2016. Also last month, PeptiDream announced reaching an initial milestone in its macrocyclic peptide collaboration with Shionogi & Co., signed in February 2016.
    Last edited by andrewk65: 26/02/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.