ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

Longtermlegs, I'm all for discussing the pros and cons on here....

1. 799 Posts.
    Longtermlegs, I'm all for discussing the pros and cons on here.

I disagree completely with your statement " there is a very real possibility that you could cost a perfect stranger money. Before anyone suggests that the responsibility is on the buyer that's rubbish". It is 100% of a case of buyer beware, we are all adults out here and it's a big bad world. If you aren't aware of that you need to drink a bottle of "reality". Furthermore if you think that dabbling in the speccy stocks isn't a form of gambling then you are also in need of a wake-up call. Have you seen the increase in the SP in the last month? By your way of thinking, your downramping is costing people money.

It's not about falling in love with a stock, it's about doing ones OWN research and making a decision based on that. If one chooses to follow someone's suggestion or "ramp" as you put it and it doesn't pay off, more fool them. If you get a tip on a horse and place a bet on it and it loses, who's fault is it you lost your money?

In regards to why Denbury wants out? In case you haven't realised, Denbury is very much a company on the way down. When they took Grieve on they were at the height of their success, doing very well in multiple projects. Since then the company is losing money hand over foot and the expense of any project seems to be too much for them. They haven't even updated their website in 18 months or so! It's a shambles!

When they first entered into the agreement in 2011, their SP was around 6 times what it is now, over the last 4 years it has plummeted from over US$24 to where it sits now at US$3.56. There expenses need to be cut drastically for survival and there is your answer as to why they are backing out.

My only concern is the price of oil per barrel and yes that is an issue but history shows that bounces and we have another year and a bit for it to do so when production begins.

Below is an image of their share price "movement" over the last 5 years.

CnS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.