ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8404
    Interesting to see a discussion about dividends and the tax leakage related to them.

In normal times, for property companies, the dividend (after-tax) is traditionally an important determinant of valuation.

However, the current time is clearly not normal, and I think that the conjecture around however the dividend lands is a bit of a distraction from the real valuation issue, namely the steep discount to NTA.

As some posters have pointed out, at a P/B of around 0.2x, the company is being priced for an extreme impairment of the value of its assets.

So, it's not a yield story right now; rather its a discount-to-NTA story.
    The yield is a side show.

My thoughts on the stock have changed in recent weeks. I initially thought that it was cum- a capital raising (I still think there is a 50% chance of it happening), which would be an overhang over the stock price for some time.

But then I reminded myself that, as a value investor, trying to time these kinds of things with a degree of finesse is a fool's errand, so I have been buying the stock this week, and will continue to do so today.

Thanks for the heads-up to those who have been posting their thoughts on the valuation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.