PLS 3.02% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

After reading the whole report properly it's not all doom and...

1. 400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    After reading the whole report properly it's not all doom and gloom as people think.

Yes, lithium prices are falling and that's the bottom line. Until the lithium price starts to rise (could start tomorrow, or next year, who knows) then the SP will be under pressure.

I don't see this company going under, it's not that easy and a great deal of money has been invested in PLS, by some big players who know this sector better than we do.

I ask myself this. Is PLS a Paladin (PDN) or an Fortesque (FMG).
    I tend to go with FMG for the following reasons:

1) The EV revolution is occuring and growing. You can google all the stats you need to know this. Whereas the uranium industry (PDN) was in real trouble with no growth after Fukushima and still has not recovered. So demand is there for lithium and increasing daily, we are just all pissed because we wanted to make a sheet load of money yesterday, not have to wait like this. The demand for uranium was never increasing like lithium is and with stockpiles of Russian nuclear weapons being converted into reactor fuel any uranium miner was in trouble on the demand side.

2) FMG survived their downturn by reducing costs and making business partners when the Fe spot price tanked. They even sent their first ship of iron ore free to their first customer. This is how to do business in Asia. PDN tried to sell their product at the spot price with no real business partners (no fixed prices) and they got hammered when the spot price went below their production costs, whereas PLS has a floor and ceiling selling price which protects them and their customers against any sharp downturn or increase in lithium price.

PLS chose the floor price because this is the price they figured they could break even at. It's time for them to deliver on this and reduce costs.

Who could have forseen that Vale would have dam issues which would reduce their production and the China-US trade war would make China have to support their economy by spending on infrastructure and use more iron ore. Both of these events resulted in the Fe price skyrocketing. Lithium will have it's turn. But, yes, it's a bitch to be where we are now.............

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
0.090(3.02%)
Mkt cap ! $9.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.05 $3.09 $3.02 $74.82M 24.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 750 $3.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.