ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,189 Posts.
    If the company is not that attractive to Aspen, then why the heck are they spending a considerable amount of money
    launching a bid?

Come on Komodoguy...I see you have no sentiment toward the stock, but all of your last 10 posts have been about this stock which you seem to know a lot about. And you sure paint a negative picture...what was it ...a f**k load of debt...detailed in bullet form. how long did that take you to spell it all out?
    Why do you think it is 42c ?. if the company wasn't facing a wall of debt relative to earnings it wouldn't be under a $1 now would it?

And that is the rub, Aspen want this underperforming company because it is begging for someone to get in there and turn it around. Alas your mates will probably be out of a job, but that is how it goes.

With the right approach they could shed a lot of the turnover , say half a billion of it and focus on getting the profit margin back to where it needs to be near 4% and that is $120 million in earnings. And then the synergies kick in...another $50 million is not too hard to envisage.

And that is why I don't buy Aspen's spin about maybe walking away...not for a minute.

Sigma on the other hand, might not mind breaking one or two of the conditions they threw out there to muddy the water and give them time to steady the ship.

Gunns did a remarkable turnaround on a dismal forecast not that long ago and I wouldn't put it past this mob to run that type of gambit now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.