GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Financial Year 2019 Results Presentation, page-244

1. 1,139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 537
    I doubt that very much. The customers lining up, in particular for short haul is substantial. There is a tangible net savings effect from going electric, and these companies (pepsi, budweiser, UPS,) understand this. I don't think battery mass will be an issue.

So now that GCar is back in the box, lets recap. Yes, the trend is positive for EV uptake going into the next decade. I concur that EVENTUALLY, price per kw will reach parity compared with combustion. What does the future look like? Very hard to see, especially in developing countries. It will take substantial political capital of whoever is in charge to initiate this. Republicans will hold out until the very end. Growing middle classes, combined with bold political decisions and parity, will finally bring EVs to the masses. What is the flip side? Legacy automakers will still play a part in supplying to those countries who don't have the will or the resources to facilitate uptake of EVs in a timely manner. You cannot take away means of transportation from them, so what then? As the VW Beetle has had a long history in South America for example, so will ICE vehicles hang around a little while longer. Now, the question is: will GXY survive long enough to see all this eventuate? Damn, it doesn't look good right now. The bottom of the pricing cycle just got extended by 3-6 months due to coronavirus, which you can add on to 2 years recovery for arguments sake. GXY had a slight advantage 2 years ago, but guess what? Everyone wanted in on the EV craze! New mines opened, capacity increased at existing ones, unfortunately the uptake of EVs hasn't matched the premature preponderance of lithium everywhere. OK, have a look at the macro trends I'm told. Are you fudging kidding? Only a diehard optimist with cognitive dissonance would be so ridiculous as to deny the current situation of GXY. I don't care that I've missed the bottom, I'm staying well away until I see evidence that GXY has turned around.
    Last edited by Eagle0: 22/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.