EQR 1.12% 4.4¢ eq resources limited

Ann: FIRB Approval received for Oaktree Investment in EQR, page-19

1. 2,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 459
    UK Broker SP Angel had a piece in their morning note. The last dot point is an important one.

• EQ Resources. which announced a binding agreement with the investment company, Oaktree Capital, to acquire the Barruecopardo tungsten mine in Salamanca Province in August, reports that Australia’s Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) “has issued a ‘no objection notification’ for the $25 million investment in EQR by funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management”.
    • The company confirms that “EQR and Oaktree are working through remaining formalities to close the transaction still ahead of year end”.
    • EQ Resources confirms that “FIRB approval represents a key condition precedent under the sale and purchase agreement entered into between EQR and Oaktree”.
    • Oaktree’s A$25m investment will be deployed to repay Saloro’s debt and for additional capital investment at Barruecopardo and for working capital.
    • Today’s announcement confirms that EQ Resources is “making good progress at the Barruecopardo operations as well, improvements in the processing technologies and production output are a result of the lessons learned at … [the company’s Australian tungsten operation at] … Mt Carbine”, including X-Ray sorting technology and the installation of improved recovery of ‘fines’ in the process plant.
    • The historic Barruecopardo mine was reopened in 2019 “after nearly 40 years of shutdown” and is currently producing “approximately 140 tons/month of high-grade (>65% WO3) tungsten concentrate, with various minor plant expansion projects ongoing for higher recovery and throughput”.
    • With world supply dominated by China, tungsten features as a critical mineral commodity in a number of jurisdictions including the US, EU, Australia and Japan. The emergence of a sizeable western world producer is likely to be a welcome development for intermediate processors and end-users in these areas.

Conclusion: FIRB approval is an important milestone inthe further development of the Barruecopardo tungsten mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.001(1.12%)
Mkt cap ! $90.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.4¢ $28.64K 638.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 306599 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 387155 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.4¢ 293795
Last updated 14.47pm 07/06/2024 ?
EQR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.