FRE 0.00% 6.0¢ firebrick pharma limited

Pa-one, I wouldn't worry about the ROI on your shares, based on...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Pa-one, I wouldn't worry about the ROI on your shares, based on the posts from Thurston4pm.

The idea of diluting an existing povidone-iodine (PVP-I) solution and using that in the nose was raised last year and you can refer to my response here: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/nasal-spray.6526304/page-82?get_post=true
    The nose is a delicate place and you need to be careful what you put in there to avoid various toxicities. For example, I would not use saline as a diluent for PVP-I because it destabilizes the molecule (Nasodine does not use saline). Also, I would not use an off-the-shelf nasal spray device; the iodine in PVP-I is highly reactive and with some nasal spray components we found it can form severely irritating by-products (not a problem with Nasodine's components or formulation).

As to the various links provided by thurston4pm, I would note the following: Several small companies jumped on the US market during COVID with a PVP-I nasal spray, hoping to ride the wave of interest in PVP-I as a treatment for COVID-19. All of them are illegal and several have received 'cease and desist' letters from FDA. One way or another, I expect these products will disappear from the market in due course, either through FDA action or because they are clearly infringing our patents. Finally, the "Betadine" Cold Defence Nasal Spray, which is sold in Canada and some Asian markets, does not contain PVP-I, but is based on a seaweed extract called carrageenan and is registered as a medical device, not a drug.

Bottom line is that we are not worried about any of these products. However, what they do show is the obvious need and opportunity for a PVP-I nasal spray once it is approved - and (once approved) Nasodine will the first and only in that regard.

PM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.0¢ 6.0¢ $1.2K 20K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97041 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.6¢ 80477 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FRE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.