D13 0.00% 4.1¢ delaware thirteen ltd

Ann: First Australian MESMER sale, page-32

1. 15,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2583
    I do agree that it seems as though who ever did buy it bled the announcement dry of information.

Defence doesn't manage Base security domestically anymore, it's all outsourced to Spotless, Chubb, SMP internally and the AFP patrol the externals and they hold pretty true to a Gun's, Guards, Gates policy. I would never rule out deployed bases as that is a whole other world to where i play but domestically, Drones don't rate a mention in physical security of static bases. Should they, yes, but we'd need an actual threat to life, information or assets to occur before it was considered a legit threat and then it would become a contract change for Chubb, SMP or AFP etc. You can plan a mission off google earth these days so photo's aren't a huge concern as if you can see it with a drone or google earth, we don't care if you see it......

Not to mention that 32 billion dollar budget is accounted for down to the penny so that .058% would take alteast a few budget cycles to get squeezed in. It would also only protect against 1 threat vector.... it would be cheaper to put in jammers as all military bases have stand off zones allowing for space for the drones to crash and go bang. The business case to get it approved would need to somehow define the threat as real enough to justify it for domestic bases...don't think Australia is there yet.

Not down ramping just saying that if Defence do ever take this up it will be for forward operating bases and not domestic.
    Last edited by blister: 11/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add D13 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.