TFC 7.42% $1.31 tfs corporation limited

Excellent post. Thank you. I had not understood the significance...

1. 807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Excellent post. Thank you. I had not understood the significance of the 2015 auction price.
    Interestingly, the $US2,400/kg oil equivalent was the book value TFC used prior to increasing to $US2,800 in March 2015.
    The oil needs to be extracted from the heartwood to achieve the market price for oil (currently $US4,500 per kg). I assumed the cleaned logs would sell at a discount to this price to reflect the cost to extract the oil and the value added component of the supply chain. I assumed the auction price of the MIS cleaned logs would be established via an efficient market and reflect a reasonable discount to the oil equivalent price.
    The 2015 auction price of $US2,400/kg does not suggest this is an efficient market price. It suggests a lack of competitive bids and TFC is capturing a large value added component. The latter is very positive for me as a shareholder but a little concerning as a MIS grower.
    It will be interesting to see if this is repeated in the 2016 auction (assuming not all growers have sold their lots to TFC).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.