CO1 0.00% 12.0¢ cobalt one limited

"You don't want to be the last car-maker in 2020 / 2021 that...

1. 8,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    "You don't want to be the last car-maker in 2020 / 2021 that can't offer full electric vehicles to the market in any meaningful way, it will look very bad for your business and other car-makers can hit you over the head with it."

Entirely agree @shades2.

That Glencore tie up with Volkswagen will remove a large amount of Cobalt from the market. I saw @bobsacramento's post in the Galaxy forum this morning mentioning that they are buying a substantial amount, plus Chris Berry posted this tweet..

The question I have being such a newbie to cobalt is who are the major suppliers by equivalency to say ALB SQM and Ganfeng in the lithium world?

The other question I am wondering is unless I have missed it.. Is when does Volkswagen start buying... Or are they going to be stockpiling also with their new buddy CATL?

"It was a triangular deal where Glencore, CATL and VW got round the table," said a cobalt trading source. "CATL on their own weren't willing to commit to such a large quantity so VW said they would buy the batteries (from CATL)."

Because I am wondering how much this deal may affect the cobalt market immediately... And what benefit it might bring to First Cobalt with offtakers needing to seek new supply?

I can't help but think that Volkswagen and Glencore may have placed us in a box seat.

First_Cobalt_6-1-2017_2.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CO1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.