VMS 5.88% 1.8¢ venture minerals limited

re: Ann: First drill hole-Reward intersects 7... Dott,I'm no...

1. 46 Posts.
    re: Ann: First drill hole-Reward intersects 7... Dott,

I'm no metallurgist, however its important that any met testwork is conducted on representative samples. Remembering that this is initial testwork (Ann 090428), we read that tin samples are taken from the Main Lode (which as I recall was the original lode mined by the pioneers and should have appreciable cassiterite, and therefore high soluble tin). Whether the same tin recovery (65% to 75%)applies to the No 2 and No 3 lodes is not known from my reading, however drilling by RGC encountered low grade tin in these horizons and some of this was in silicates (therefore a refractory component exists). Hole ML 38 encountered abundant cassiterite but this was interpreted to be in a fault position and did not extend far. (This is historic info and on public file).

The initial testwork points towards excellent recoveries for the samples tested, however the project's success hinges on whether these recoveries apply to other parts of the deposits. As skarns are complex in terms of mineralogy, it will be necessary for VMS to understand the distribution and zonation of mineral species and rock chemistry - all to do no doubt to the depositional history of the mineralising fluids from the ?granite and their interaction with the primary carbonate horizons, thus causing skarns. Detailed petrological studies and structural geology is important and no doubt VMS are onto this.

WRT the magnetite product it will be important that the sulphide, fluorine and phosphate minerals are kept low. Pyrrhotite, fluorite and apatite are known at Mt Lindsay.

As for the wider picture the interpretation of widespread skarn targets from the aeromag is interesting. There are known magnetite bearing sediments in the Crimson Creek vocaniclastic formation which have a magnetic signature, and may not be indicative of skarns necessarily. RGC found low grade Fe sediments without any anomalous soil geochemistry or electrical geophysical response between Mt Lindsay and Stanley River as I recall.

None of the above should be news, however. Please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $44.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $5.438K 313.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 3943773 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 1480467 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.