VMS 0.00% 1.8¢ venture minerals limited

Ann: First drill hole-Reward intersects 72m of ti, page-20

1. 46 Posts.
    re: Ann: First drill hole-Reward intersects 7... Dott,
    No worries, let VMS get on with the job of developing a project. Just be mindful that tin beneficiation can be tricky and not all the tin in a skarn is in easily recoverable minerals such as coarse grained cassiterite. VMS' met consultants would be aware of this. It would be useful however for VMS to report their drill assays as total tin (by XRF) and also by AAS to get an ideas of the potentially recoverable tin. I say "potentially recoverable" as there are other characteristics such as cassiterite grain size and interlocking with waste minerals that might affect plant recoveries.
    As an example the value at Renison was only realised with the application of tin flotation in the ?30's because of the fine grained nature of cassiterite and interlocking with sulphides. This came many decades after the initial surface workings of alluvial cassiterite were exhausted and the Renison mining field was regarded as a dog. Even when the new underground mine was established there in the 60's it went within a bee's whisker of closing down because the planned orebodies (along the Federal fault) contained too much fluorite and quartz and were too difficult to process. It was only through geological serendipity (and some smart geologists at that in the 60's) that significant pyrrhotite-cassiterite lodes were discovered that saved the operation.

Back to VMS, as for "new" discoveries in the area such as Reward, VMS should provide a detailed plan showing the location of their "discovery" drillhole relative to earlier holes drilled by Pacminex and the trenches which probably go back to the pioneers. Then we can relax and opine on whether its a new discovery per se or "new" to VMS!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $17.6K 961.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
53 13988733 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 3195558 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.