OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Thanks for that post Onceover.As periodically arises on these...

1. 616 Posts.
    Thanks for that post Onceover.

As periodically arises on these threads, the gold drilling program of last year didn't show much of anything and the market sentiment basically reached a deadlock with the company months ago. The market remaining unconvinced about the gold, whilst the company remained bullish about the "nuggety gold" angle and dismissed the drill results in favor of suggesting bulk sampling was the only reliable yardstick for the type of deposit it has (in fact Mark Papendieck took quite some time to go into this with me in a phone call months ago, explaining the low mathematical probability of getting any good intersections with spaced drilling into this style of deposit). I think a few posters on these threads have gone down the same road with OGX management and hit the same roadblock. At some point you only get so far questioning the drill results; MP continues to make the case that they have a high grade gold deposit and bulk sampling will show it. We'll see.

Regarding your remark:

"I do not think anybody would ever be mad enough to design and commence a very costly diamond drilling programme for this silver resource before they had received the silver assays from their first set of drill holes. So I can only imagine that the assays for the eight 'silver mineralised' drill holes that were previously analysed by XRF have been received."

I think you are right here Onceover, how else could it be? Where's all of this interp coming from? One hole?

But, back to the gold, it's not really a change of situation with respect to this. Management have yet to show any signs of backing away from their planned bulk-sampling initiative, except that the recent silver hit and all of the attention on that took the discussion in a different direction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.