OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

ann: first drill program to test for silver mi, page-41

1. 2,417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1286
    Re the gold, I hear what you are saying Hussyh, but the bulk sample taken so far was just a ton of high grade from the old workings: less than half a cubic meter of material. That is about 1/3 the volume of the space under the desk that I am sitting at, or four wheelbarrows full of dirt.

What else are they going to bulk sample? They can only get at what they can access in these scattered old adits and that will tell them nothing new. We know that the adits have been driven on small, high grade veins, because that is what artisanal miners do, and it has been confirmed by the previous underground sampling.

Someone somewhere mentioned a decline, but there is no way you would set up a mine development operation and drive a decline at a cost of thousands of dollars a metre without at least some indication that your drilling had located a gold resource.

Possibly they just intend to drive a little further down one of those adits, but this will simply repeat the information that those already provide: that there are narrow, rod-like pods of quartz-gold ore plunging down structure to the west, with no significant tonnage potential to either side.

What they need to do if they wish to revive the gold story, is to demonstrate that there is significant tonnage potential. So far they have only one short high grade intersection out of at least 25 drill holes. That doesn't look like a nugget effect to me; it looks like a negative result.

(Do not act on anything I say though. I am not a financial adviser and this is not financial advice)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.