RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

"Thanks of these links aventurine. The first link points to NSW...

1. 929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    "Thanks of these links aventurine. The first link points to NSW Health Pathology which states "Rapid testing has always been part of our testing strategy to help combat this pandemic". From what I understand, NSW Health has spend something like a million dollars in Rapid Tests some months ago (I don't know what ones) which expired in March this year. Guess how many have been used?.....None!"

Amadeus, I don't have any idea what's transpired prior to March, but happy to accept what you outline. It's hard to get a handle on. If case numbers were low and contact tracing on top of the situation then they could probably go with the gold standard tests.

What has clearly changed since then is the Delta strain has established in NSW and the situation has required a change in mindset and a reassessment of alternatives.

In Melbourne today the Govt is saying they believe the virus is spreading and one of the main reasons is people are not getting tested quick enough.

On the news last night a senior Victorian Health bureaucrat said they were now considering Rapid Antigen Testing, but also concluded that it wasn't the gold standard solution in terms of results.

I understand the gold standard testing reasoning and requirements, but as we extend our 6th lockdown, they have to be seen to offer some better mechanisms to getting tested quicker, especially if mystery cases start trending up.

You'd hope that Rapid Testing can play some part in the process of faster testing and gradually re-opening businesses/economies.

As it states on that NSW Health link
    "A positive rapid antigen test should be followed by the more accurate COVID-19 test (PCR) to confirm the result".

I thought the short video and associated blurbs, boded well for Rhinoswab having an ongoing role to play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.