ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,066 Posts.
    Will be interesting to see what Colin Raston comes up with, I used to catch the bus home with that guy when he lived in South Yunderup (if anyone is familiar with the area he had the house that was built to look a bit like a castle with parapets and what not) He did have some of the worst performing PhD students I ever met though so hopefully his move to Adelaide brought some better students, interestingly his boss in SA (Minister Koutsantonis) is the son of one of his past PhD students and there's a whole other story there that I won't delve in to. The announcment states that "Enables secondary processing of FGR’s electrochemically exfoliated graphene to achieve single layer thickness" i.e to produce true graphene and not micrographite. Hopefully if they can control the parameters well they'll be able to achieve single layers whilst keeping a large platelet size. Further "FGR believe the VFD has the potential to further enhance purification and functionalization of graphene produced from FGR’s full-scale graphene production cell" Which is to do with the surface chemistries of the graphene (or micrographite) this would be in line with say the specs that IIM gave to FGR for their graphene product x3gt or whatever it was called, functionaling this material for specific applications is definitely a value add, and given how cheap it would be to produce the crude starting material from the 250L cell this is essential imo to maximise potential profits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.