SYA 0.00% 3.7¢ sayona mining limited

SYQ production costs are what they are. They don't get reduced...

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    SYQ production costs are what they are. They don't get reduced by invoicing PLL.

PLL will not receive a cent from SYQ until the JV agrees to pay a dividend. It should go without saying that neither will SYA.

There seem to be a lot of posters here that do not understand that SYQ is a different company to SYA and they do not share a bank account. SYA does not pay everything and then invoice PLL.

I understand it may be confusing to you in the way that SYA reports on a consolidated basis. It may appear that all the money sitting in the SYQ accounts belongs to SYA etc but these are simply accounting reporting standards. On the flipside all the liabilities may appear to you to belong to SYA.

Please trust me. SYA and SYQ are 2 different companies. The latter is owned 75% by SYA.

There is not someone sitting at SYA going through invoices saying, "hey PLL, here's another bill for $10k, will be needing $2500 from you when you can, and don't forget your share of last month's Caterers Choice". When the part payment for the initial shipment was received, SYA did not transfer PLL 25%.

If the bean counters at SYA think SYQ will need more funds, they will put it to the JV partners who will decide how to cover it. The past attitude has been to deal with such matters by way of capital calls or there could even have been contributions by way of advancements. They have been debt averse. If the JV partners believe SYQ is in a postion to distrubute excess cash to the shareholders (SYA and PLL) they will pay a dividend.

So, no need to wait and see if the payment SYA announced as received for the 1st shipment was just SYA's share. It wasn't. It was SYQ's payment.

It astounds me that so many posters believe the JV is run in such a corner shop manner and would still choose to invest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $380.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.6¢ $1.674M 45.78M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1003780 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 3377002 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.6¢ 11736316
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.