AVR 0.00% $14.00 anteris technologies ltd

“If AVR decided to go it alone some of these multi billion...

1. 2,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    “If AVR decided to go it alone some of these multi billion dollar companies might try litigation against AVR for some sort of patent infringement”.

I am an engineer plus GIS guys so I know inside out Nearmap (NEA) and Spookfish (now acquired by Eagleview).

NEA debuted asx in 2010 and price hit all time low about 4c in 2012, then quickly rose to 50c in a year (year 2013) and stagnated for several years. I bought in 2015 in around 50c. It hits $4+ in its peak.
    Spookfish was a late entrant in GIS space. I was also planning to buy Spookfish but held buying because of
    a. It had only one major client Eagleview and the American company could screw Spookfish anytime any day and
    b. it was getting heavily shorted and felt Eagleview is involved in the shorting so decided to wait longer for even cheaper entry.

Then guess what, the Eagleview (the major client of Spookfish) itself made a takeover offer at premium to the sp (obviously at the basement price). The t/o went ahead and Eagleview acquired the Spookfish for well below the true value.

Now the Eagleview has sued Nearmap regarding the patent infringement which I don’t see has the legs nevertheless the share price is now languishing.
    Currently I am not holding NEA but thinking of a reentry.

You never know how these big companies work for their own benefit (caveat- provided the AVR product is really good).

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.00
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $295.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.10 $14.41 $13.73 $535.0K 38.28K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 935 $14.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.20 60 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.