FBU 0.32% $3.15 fletcher building limited

But what choice did they have? Sure, having to forcibly monetise...

1. 16,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8270
    But what choice did they have?

Sure, having to forcibly monetise assets in the midst of a major business downturn, reflects woeful strategic oversight.

But in a way, the current crop of FBU managers are merely the bunnies left facing the music while holding the bag; the damage was done by the previous generations of executives who spent money like drunken sailors, buying a number of dubious quality businesses (Formica, anyone?) for premium prices.

As for selling Tradelink for below book value, you obviously don't know half of it. The current book value for Tradelink is the written-down value after a series of impairments that have been booked in prior years.

For context, I recall them paying close to $1bn for Crane Group (of which the bulk of the business at the time was Tradelink). And now they are hoping to salvage around $140m (after all the fees and capital leakages).

I really expected them to be able to nett out a tad more for Tradelink, because $140m isn't going to make much of a dent in the debt.

The struggle is real.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.15
Change
0.010(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $2.466B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.17 $3.22 $3.15 $2.641M 832.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1758 $3.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.17 3965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.