FLT 0.00% $20.97 flight centre travel group limited

Ann: Flight Centre Details Coronavirus Response Plan, page-8

1. 563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 288
    I didn't read anything in that release that I didn't expect to read. The statement your refer to suggests there will be some form of cash injection required which is consistent with witholding the dividend as well. This is likely to be a placement and SPP. Webjet appears to be going down the private equity path at the moment which is a less preferable route. I believe that Flight Centre would have a bit more support from Australian based institutions ad existing shareholders in this regard. I have noticed that all companies are making statements about govt funding. That is a statement to their employees rather than shareholders that they are working hard for their support.

It is awful seeing employees laid off, as a long investor, my interests and theirs are the same. However, it is heartening to see the company state its intention to re-employ them when possible. Flight Centre will remain suspended for the moment but keep in mind that Qantas and Virgin had hefty rebounds when recent updates about cost control was given. Flight Centre was suspended during the darkest days of market sentiment. I think that this action being taken will give some confidence to existing shareholders and prospective financiers. Well that's my based opinion anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.97
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.635B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 86 $23.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.86 113 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.58am 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.