FML 7.14% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

[CountryWriter]> ...mixed bag...> Laverton is a fantastic result...

1. xoc
    108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    [CountryWriter]
    > ...mixed bag...
    > Laverton is a fantastic result I did not expect cash costs to come down that low that fast and a nice stockpile into the bargain.

[FishingAndBeer]
    > CW my main concern was with the Dec qtr cost increase, it would be good to know what accounting changes brought this about. 20% is a substantial increase.

The thing about costs is that they are a reported figure, calculated by the CFO using a methodology they are comfortable with. It is hopefully nothing more than coincidence that the previous CFO "resigned" just before the quarterly, although the timing, the lack of notice and the terseness of the thank-you certainly don't inspire my confidence. I would love to compare with the quarterly JG was preparing.

We all know how much pressure Focus have been under to prove the the Crescent move wasn't a company breaker. Yet even when they apparently achieve that, the market's enthusiasm continues to wane.

Before I am again invited to "like it or leave", I am not saying there is definitely something dodgy going on. Management have earned a degree of trust from me over the years, but this latest episode is eroding it fast. At this stage, none of us here have any way of knowing the full story, one way or the other. However, the market is showing no support, and worse, far worse, neither are management. Why are the board not buying with both hands when the price is under 5c? Are they waiting for the price to go lower, or do they just not see it as a good investment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.010(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $42.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $11.12K 74.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9711 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4618 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.59pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.