OJC 0.00% 18.0¢ the original juice co. ltd

I agree with @Invested12 , we have to be a little more patient,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    I agree with @Invested12 , we have to be a little more patient, there are 1000 Woollies and 800 Coles stores in Australia and the Shot's range consists of 3 flavours, so if both retailers chose to stock 50% of stores then that's 2700 boxes (1800 stores * 50% * 3 flavours) of shots just to get initial ranging per store. From the anecdotal evidence, it seems like stores are selling out in less than a week, if not faster, so I do imagine that FOD is struggling to keep up with Coles and Woolies demand as they scale up production. I would expect Tony would be running a pretty tight inventory initially so that he doesn't outlay too much capital initially before the product is proven. Additionally given that this is a new product I would suspect that both Coles and Woolies may be a little slow on restocking orders themselves as they too are attempting to gauge long term demand. We are going into winter with a backdrop of Covid in all consumers minds, I can't think of a better time to launch a product such as the Shots.

My expectation is that once ranged across the supermarkets the Shots product should generate ~$4mln of Revenue for FOD, which is approx an additional 10% on FOD's annual sales. Obviously, Petrol and Convenience distribution would increase revenue meaningfully again.

In regards to Mojo Gut shots, I was reading an online review that described them as a Probiotic that tastes exactly the same as their Kombucha line. My question is why pay $3.50 for a tiny version of a $4.00 beverage. I struggle to see the differentiation. I do see a differentiation with the FOD shots given the ingredients profile vs a standard bottle of juice. I actually see the biggest competition for the Shots product being Coffee. I think there is a very strong argument that the Shots product would make an exceptional coffee alternative, especially in the afternoon when people may be looking for a non-caffeine alternative low in calories.

I am hoping that we may be getting to a point where there is a tangible minimum amount of Shots sales data that Tony can present to the market. He just needs to demonstrate that this product has had strong early adoption and illustrate a pathway to grow the product over the next 12 months and the impact it could have on FOD's earnings. Shots should be a high margin product thereby really helping us move to operating CF breakeven and beyond. I remain very underwhelmed with the amount of explicit data that the company releases especially given the company underperformance. I just keep asking myself why won't they release more data that I know they have? This is the point that puts a knot in my stomach and keeps me up at night

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OJC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.