SQ2 0.06% $94.80 block inc.

Jack is busy trying to turn Cash App from a finance app into a...

1. 445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Jack is busy trying to turn Cash App from a finance app into a finance/shopping app. Jack gave a few clues in the conference call about it's progress.

Jack Dorsey -- Chief Executive Officer and Chairman

Yes. So with Cash App Pay, we're -- our goal is to provide a lot more flexibility for customers. And as I mentioned in my opening remarks, we have expanded our distribution recently with partnerships with Stripe Body and PayNearMe, which allows us to reach a much broader range of merchants and also industries. We launched some additional Afterpay merchants in Q2 including Steve Madden and Fenti Beauty.And we still see significant room to grow the adoption of Cash pay, and we're actively pursuing a pipeline of new merchants. Afterpay certainly helps with that. During the second quarter, nearly $500 million in analyzed volume was processed through Cash App Pay and nearly $1 million Cash App Pay monthly active as of June. So it allows us to reach customers beyond those that Cash App Card is serving.And we've seen really strong adoption among our younger audience Gen Z demographic. So we've seen promising results, and we're still looking for opportunities to make sure that we continue to see those and push it.

Jack Dorsey -- Chief Executive Officer and Chairman

Yes. As I said, this is where a lot of my focus is right now on meeting the team almost on a daily basis to make sure that we come up with a compelling and differentiated experience. A lot of the work is gonna be found within Cash App and the Cash App Discover Tab, it's a little magnifying glass in your interface. We want to build a compelling experience that people want to go back to daily to find offers, to find deals, to find items, to find merchants around them.And that would be a place that also continues to push on our ecosystem. A ecosystem model so that we're benefiting the Square ecosystem and the Square ecosystem benefits Cash App. So that will probably be where you'll see the highest velocity changes. A lot of it has to do with our ability to rank this items and merchants and deals and offers on a relevant basis, and obviously, we'll be applying machine learning and deep learning to do that based on all the signals we get.But that's where the ecosystem really come together in our highest impact way, we believe, and it leads to many other opportunities down the line. So that's where I would look.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SQ2 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$94.80
Change
0.060(0.06%)
Mkt cap ! $3.975B
Open High Low Value Volume
$95.00 $95.43 $94.42 $5.812M 61.31K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 444 $94.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$94.80 3380 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SQ2 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.