FMG 0.18% $21.63 fortescue ltd

Hi Rcman, Not sure where to start with all of these questions,...

1. 204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Hi Rcman,

Not sure where to start with all of these questions, but here goes:

1. Lithium Supply.
    Figures I’ve seen estimate around 40m metric tonnes of recoverable lithium resource. That’s bound to grow with more exploration. Allowing for 40kg of lithium per EV, that equates to around 1 billion EVs.

2. EV Weight
    Your average Tesla Model 3 weighs around 1.6t. It’s a bit heavier than your average Corolla, but similar to a Commodore. Regardless, carparks in Australia are designed for 5kPa live load - zero risk of overloading it. You can relax as you watch your movies in your local cinemas.

3. Lynas
    Lynas produces rare earths - not used in batteries as far as I am aware, but in the electric motors. Hydrogen powered vehicles with fuel cells would still need the same motors. I don’t own Lynas shares but I’ve followed them out of interest for a few years. There’s no credible environmental issues with the Lynas Malaysia plant and it would be a non issue if they built it in Australia in the first place (like they should have!). The matter is built up BS from a group of Malaysian activists with no scientific knowledge.

4. Albemarle are the company that bought half of the MIN deposit. They are the world’s biggest lithium producer with large operations/holdings in Chile, Argentina and Australia. I’m not aware of any bans on their Argentina holdings. As far as I am aware they are just looking at long eternity expansion with the MIN purchase.

Sorry for the wordy response!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.63
Change
-0.040(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $66.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.48 $21.63 $21.02 $156.6M 7.309M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2129 $21.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.63 817 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.