PEK 0.00% 23.0¢ peak rare earths limited

There are two key differences between Peak and Arafura.First is...

1. sjl
    1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    There are two key differences between Peak and Arafura.

First is that Peak is currently focusing on a rare earth concentrate, rather than refining all the way to metal (or metal oxides, carbonates, whatever - point being that all the different elements are essentially separated). There's a lot more value in having separated rare earths than in having a mixed oxide. Capex is significantly higher to get there, but the return is proportionately greater as well. Yes, Peak is talking about a refinery as well; but that's a long way after production starts. The share market won't price that in unless and until the plans become more concrete.

Second is that Arafura's resource is in Australia; the perception - right or wrong - is that Australia's regulatory environment is a safer one than Tanzania. Note that I'm being careful in talking about the perception, rather than the actual reality (which I really cannot judge in a meaningful way). That's going to be a significant depressor on the company value until the company is actually up and running as a going concern.

Take both of those into account, and a comparison based on Arafura's market capitalisation is premature at best, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'll be absolutely thrilled if your predictions come to pass. I simply don't think that they're likely, or even plausible.

Just my two cents' worth, coming from some random on the Internet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 23.0¢ $11.38K 49.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 28143 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 14750 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
23.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 23.0¢ 5187
Last updated 12.01pm 16/05/2024 ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.