FIG 0.00% 2.0¢ freedom insurance group ltd

I am not a big fan of insurance in general, but I still don't...

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I am not a big fan of insurance in general, but I still don't get your argument.

Technically, I can always not insure my house, my car (except for the 3rd party due to government regulation), my health and instead put the money into my "rainy day" savings that cover the day when I need hospital coverage, new car or new house after the old ones burn down / get into accident (after all insurance is an inefficient business, for every $100 premium I put in, on average people get back less than half in claims, the rest goes to the overhead, marketing etc of the business).

Insurance is always a crappy value until your house burns down, you get into an accident, or there is flooding/fire. All the time I paid for house and content insurance for decades when my house didn't burn down... what a disreputable business they are

Or perhaps people should understand that insurance is a bet against something happening. If I buy house and content insurance and my house didn't burn down that year, I am not being scammed. I am just buying the peace of mind that if the worst do happen, I am covered.

Same with life insurance, if you don't die the year you bought it, that's just how insurance works... Do you expect that people just buy insurance on the right year when they will die and buy house and content insurance on the right year when their house will get burn down?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.