ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2787
    Only one analyst had any questions to ask during the conference call. Even Mark Zeptner indicated surprise at that. Maybe the silence was because there is a massive elephant in the Ramelius room that is crowding out all the other issues but all the analysts know not to bother asking about it.

The stand-out metric from the presentation for me was given by MZ: a group EBITDA margin for H2FY24 of 60%, up from 40% in H1FY24. That's not quite software / lithium-in-2023 type returns but is still for a mining company like a lottery win. (I'm actually a bit befuddled in reconciling some of the numbers on slide 6 of the presentation deck but as an initial response I am happy to go with the 60% number).

Back in 2010, the late Bob Kennedy and team gave Ramelius the chance to transform from a lottery win at Wattle Dam into the solid mid-tier mining house that it is today, by acquiring Mt Magnet for $40m. I remember at the time there was a lots of worry that the company had bitten off more than it could chew and that it had overpaid for the asset. Hopefully, here we go again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.