SNL 0.31% $22.40 supply network limited

It was terrific to attend today's opening day of SNL's...

1. 10,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1388
    It was terrific to attend today's opening day of SNL's Multispares subsidiary new branch outlet at Truganina, in Melbourne's western suburbs.

The new warehouse was most impressive. It will also apparently supply Adelaide and perhaps in time elsewhere

It was a pleasure to meet the Chairman, Mr Greg Forsyth. He deigned to speak to me for quite a while and couldn't have been more pleasant.

The one comment he made that should be of interest to others is that when I referred to how there hadn't been any rain to speak of in areas of northwest NSW such as Moree ( a major granary in good years), he said if there's dry conditions in an area like that, it will affect SNL 'only at the margins.'

(We didn't discuss the possibility of a recession as some commentators are beginning to be adamant we'll suffer as a nation).

The new complex was erected quickly, but as many 'HC' readers know, because it's an all-concrete floor, that's a lot of concrete.

A Torana motorsports-liveried racing vehicle sponsored by Multispares was on display and was revved for about 10 to 15 minutes. Incredibly noisy! That wasn't to my taste but many will disagree and have enjoyed it, and their opinion (not mine) matters as some were suppliers and presumably others were clients.

There was also a Mutispares large articulated truck plus a liveried small van, the latter used for one of the delivery rounds that start at 0930 hours on weekdays. Sometimes clients such as a truck repairer have want they urgently need by 1100 hours: impressive, and a great point of difference SNL enjoys against its competitors.

There will be five vans making deliveries operating from the site.

I overheard someone stating initially the branch has 21 or 22 staff. I suspect they'll need more.

Apparently the 'sweet spot' for SNL is when heavy vehicles come out of warranty.

General Manager Brad informed me that quite a lot of Australian trucks are 25 years old, one more thing I learnt. Clients can come to SNL who may well have the part required for a vehicle of that age: if not, within reason, SNL will aim to quickly source it.

There's a section storing items for local clients, plus a separate section with wider aisles for forklifts or the smaller version called lollps where stock will go to other SNL branches.

It was impressive to observe a new 400,000 litre water tank outside to the left of the premises.

There's also a pleasant 'retail' area that has a display or two including would you believe of a CB radio. That made me think of old times.

Staff facilities are very good and appear to include a meeting room plus possibly a small outside area surrounded by a privacy-giving wooden fence.

One tree planted at the front (near the corner of Doherty's Road) had already died: it's really important to not plant introduced European species, but only hardy Australian natives suitable for Melbourne's basalt western plains in an area like this. SNL may not have engaged a landscaper who knows and practices this).

SNL kindly put on snags and other hot food, with free soft drinks. There was also an excellent hired coffee cart that even had delicious jam doughnuts.

A Multispares client said SNL had purchased the block next door (which some distance away seems to be bordered by a container yard) and would expand the branch further. This client said in his line of business, things were going well, so that indirectly confirms SNL's recent positive guidance.

Huge thanks to Sonia of SNL's Human Resources section for showing me around.

SNL Founders, Directors, CEO and CFO (Mr Robert Coleman) and hardworking staff have much to be proud of, even though only two brokers, one of which is Taylor Collinson, actively appear to follow the stock.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 02/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.40
Change
0.070(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $952.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.59 $22.78 $22.20 $170.0K 7.588K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43 $22.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.50 838 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SNL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.