CGC 0.00% $3.19 costa group holdings limited

Highlights for me include. "Performance in FY2018 once again...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Highlights for me include.
    "Performance in FY2018 once again reinforces the value and resilience of our diversified portfolio
    and business model. The citrus category had a standout performance, boosted by excellent crop
    quality and strong export demand, while mushrooms and tomatoes also performed well, with results
    exceeding targets. This performance countered a materially lower than expected contribution from
    African Blue due to prolonged cold weather, causing up to an eight week delay in maturity of the
    Moroccan crop”, said Mr Debney.
    During the year Costa made significant progress on its growth projects, including berry expansion
    plantings across Australia, China and Morocco, continued construction of additional capacity at the
    Monarto, South Australia mushroom farm and expansion of Costa’s newest vertically integrated core
    produce category, avocados"

This is what I love about the company, they're so proactive. And have so much experience, they're not waiting for something to go wrong they're diversifying so it won't. There's also plenty of room for growth, with the following:

"With 75% of our citrus product being exported to countries including Japan, United States and China,
    the reduction of Korean citrus trade tariffs has opened up this exciting new export market,
    highlighted by the fact that consumer preferences are similar to those of Japan, but with greater per
    capita demand."

This highlights the possibility for increased output of produce internationally, with South Korea being a prime target.

Lastly the development of new products such as the Arana yellow blueberry will provide Costa with some new products to explore.

And the financials listed are:

- Revenue of $1,002m, and Transacted Sales of $1,336m – 10.2% and 13.3% growth on
    FY2017 respectively.
    - Statutory NPAT of $115.2m, inclusive of items relating to the African Blue acquisition,
    including $48.3m gain from the consolidation of the 49% interest previously held.
    - EBITDA before SGARA and material items $150.8m – up 30.9% on FY2017.
    - NPAT before SGARA and material items of $76.7m –26.3% growth on FY2017.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.