PRT 0.00% 16.1¢ prt company limited

As i said above, there'll be quarter-to-quarter noise and maybe...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    As i said above, there'll be quarter-to-quarter noise and maybe over any given 6 month period advertising spend will rise slightly, but the secular backdrop is that FTA TV viewership is steadily declining - from 2015 to 2016 it declined by 5% (in terms of minutes watched), and from 2016 to 2017 a further 7%. Moreover, these headline figures mask the bigger problem - the demographic breakdown is that those 35 years are under are rapidly reducing their FTA TV viewership (much faster than the headline numbers), whereas those aged 50+ are about steady - this is to be expected as older folk tend to adopt new technology more slowly, but they'll migrate to SVOD / OTT streaming as well before too long. If FTA TV doesn't have the eyeballs - which are migrating away, indisputably - then advertising spend must go down over time. I don't consider this an opinion, just a fact.

That's just the revenue problem that FTA TV has. The other half of the equation is the cost problem - content costs are going up.

It confounds me that PRT holders either can't understand this dynamic or refuse to acknowledge it - the above two trends are readily observable from PRT's own financial statements (i.e. falling revenue and increased content costs = lower gross margin on largely fixed cost base = magnified fall at NPAT/EBIT level).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.