AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Paradoxically, if not perversely, I take comfort from all the...

1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Paradoxically, if not perversely, I take comfort from all the delays. Yes, I hate the SP dips and the opportunity it gives hedge funds to push the price down and then short it. But long term it tells me that what we are doing, commissioning a Lithium from brine plant is difficult; very difficult. We are not the only ones who are building or intending to build one and the others will encounter the same difficulties. If we do choose to double our plant we will know exactly where the pitfalls are and will beat every comer.

BTW good luck to anyone investing in Sal de Vida. You're in for an interesting journey.

The engineering / tech world is littered with examples of successful projects that have experience long delays. Remember the Sydney Opera House? The Boeing Dream-liner is a beautiful aeroplane but the delays certifying it dwarf anything ORE is experiencing. Yet if flies around the world every day.

I have confidence we will reach nameplate.
    When? Soon enough.
    Market sentiment is a weird phenomenon. Our income is already higher than planned at nameplate because the price of carbonate is higher. The delay is insignificant when taken in the context of the life of the plant. I say 'market sentiment' but really what we are dealing with is market manipulation. It's a fact of life. And easy to understand.

Those manipulating the market feed on uncertainty; even if there's none there to be found, they just need an announcement, any announcement. Case in point, this morning's announcement that one of the directors -Robert Hubbard (no relation I hope)- bought himself another 10,000 shares at $4.04. How is this a bad thing? Or is there something about 'Computershare' that I'm missing.

This is a buying opportunity.
    Not quite as good as December when similarly minor news of delays in production led to the SP eventually falling to $1.30. But a pretty good opportunity nonetheless, if you take into account the news we're expecting just the around the corner; very similar to what we were expecting in December.

They say that fortune favours the brave. I believe it favours the smart.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.